Information about Family Camp
When is it?
May 23, 24, and 25. That is the Saturday through Monday of Memorial Day Weekend.
What time does it start and end?
Registration starts at 4 pm on Saturday, May 23 and Family Camp goes through 1 pm on Monday, May 25. We would love for you to come for as long or as short as you are able.
Quaker Haven Camp, 111 EMS D16C Lane, Syracuse, IN 46567
Who is leading it?
This is a New Association of Friends event, led by Richmond First Friends Meeting. Richmond First Friends has been having a Family Camp on Memorial Day Weekend at Quaker Haven for many years. Starting last year, they have opened Family Camp up to the whole New Association.
What is the Cost?
The cost of Family Camp is for room and meals at Quaker Haven. Adults cost more on average than children for both room and meals. Costs are per night/ per meal, so the cost will depend on how long you are at Family Camp. The costs for adults and children for the full weekend are below. Matt will contact you with your approximant cost after you register. You will pay your registration at the Quaker Haven Office when you get to the camp.
• Oak Haven Lodge– $109.25
• Red Cottage– $113.25
• Cabin– $83.25
• Campsite– ~$61.25
• Oak Haven Lodge– $58.75
• Red Cottage– $60.75
• Cabin– $44.75
• Campsite– ~$40.75
What do I need to bring?
Mainly Yourself! But, there are some other things you may need.
• Depending on where you are staying at Quaker Haven, you will need appropriate bedding. Check with Matt Hamm or the Quaker Haven website if you are not sure.
• Outdoor and sports equipment for what you are wanting to do. Once again, check the Quaker Haven website for information on what is available to you.
• Bathing suit for the lake and beach, hopefully the weather will be good for us!
• Towel and overnight bathroom essentials.
• Sun screen and bug spray! This is an outdoor camp after all. Make sure to be prepared.
• Make sure to check the weather before you come and bring appropriate clothing and shoes.